Home » , » The 7 Adventures of Sinbad

The 7 Adventures of Sinbad




Directors: Ben Hayflick, Adam Silver Stars: Patrick Muldoon, Sarah Desage, Bo Svenson Genres: Action | Adventure | Fantasy Movie: The Seven Voyages of Sinbad The main character is a descendant of Sinbad apparently – his name is John Sinbad or some such rubbish. Apart from that, this bears no real relation to any of it’s name-sakes except for one scene involving a tribe of alluring female demons who attempt to enslave Sinbad and his crew, via hypnosis, which was taken from an earlier and better Sinbad movie. This made me wonder if this is some kind of remake but I soon realised that it is not. There were a few computer generated monsters to ‘behold’ – or try to at least – among them, a computer generated cyclops and giant octopus, both of which failed to evoke any of the the glory and wonder of the more organic effects of older films of the kind. Ray Harryhausen, for example, is still the king after all this time. As far as Sinbad movies go, this is pretty wretched. It starts off weak, continues weakly throughout its contrived story, what story there is, and terminates climatically but flat. If this were Made-for-TV, perhaps I could be a bit more forgiving, but even with a tiny infinitesimal budget, it should have been far better than this.I watched this film when it was released into the DVD world.I have been searching for this film for ages. I promise you, the graphics are unbearable, so bad, so terrible, I found myself laughing so hard, I was rolling on the floor.I originally thought this film was action. It turned into a comedy. The acting made me sick. Haha. But it is worth watching as it is freaking hilarious how bad it is.the DVD cover doesn’t even match the film. The crab scene was my favorite. I do recommend this film as a comedy.but based on the film as a whole, it gains no marks from me. But as I haven’t laughed so hard in my life, I’m scoring it a ten.